August 18, 2013

A LITTLE ABOUT MYSELF


I'd like to share my story with you, about how I became a jewelry designer.
Before I start, in order to really understand my story, you must know that I am a frustrated architect. By that I mean that I have always hoped and dreamed of becoming an architect. But sometimes life leads you in unexpected ways…



Metropol parasol / Sevilla, Spain


Becoming a mom led me into the academic world of education. However I always remembered my dream, and decided to pursue my art once my children were old enough.

Along the years, every time I was looking to buy jewelry for myself, I felt like there was never something out there for me. I always knew I wanted the jewelry I wear to combine an artistic designer style alongside a comfortable wearable aspect which was crucial to me.

That is when I decided to study jewelry manufacture, and started creating the jewelry I was looking for. I had started to give life to my designer dream; I loved it. But still, something was missing. I felt I needed to learn more about theory and concept of a piece, rather than just creating a "good looking" garment. 

After a fascinating conversation with the founder of the sculpture school "Basis", I immediately signed up for a 5 year program. There I learned about proportions, well-built structures, understanding the manufacture methods of a piece, and much more. I gave freedom to my artistic side, creating my own visions into real pieces, this time without thinking about wearability and practicality as jewelry requires. 


My sculptures: 3 birds / steel and plastic


This raised a critical question concerning my jewelry brand: how to keep a free artistic design even when designing a piece which is worn, and must be practical? This was a question that continued to fascinate me.

I am happy to tell you that I have reached the point in the story where it all comes together. After having a lot of experience creating handmade jewelry, and accumulating the the knowledge of art and sculpture, the last piece of the puzzle was introduced: The technology of 3D printing. For me it was simply a gift, because it allowed me to manufacture all of my fantasy jewelry designs which handmade craft does not enable creating.


From My Netline Collection: Mobius ring #2 / 14K gold and Diamonds 


Using this innovative technique I have created my Netline collection: Jewels that are not only my design fantasies, but also well-structured pieces; Very fine and precise looking yet strong and durable; full of artistic presence and uniqueness yet very comfortable and practical by being hollow, smooth, and light-weight.


This is the story of how I created my own world of architecture - with jewelry.

From My Netline Collection: Flat mobius ring / 14k gold

 
From My Netline Collection: Large Bombé ring / 14k gold



This is my story in a nutshell...

If you feel like sharing your own path, write down a comment about how you have reached the place where you are today, or where you aspire to reach next!

This is me at my son's wedding, 2 years ago :)

      


1 comment:

Unknown said...

היי חלה, האנגלית שלי ממש לא משהו ובכל זאת, קראתי את הקטע הזה ממש בעניין!
כמובן שדבר ראשון עברתי על התמונות בלי לקרוא וכשראיתי את התמונות כל מה שעניין אותי זה אם התכשיטים בסוף זה שלך או שזה פשוט השראה או משהו.
תכשיטים מהממים! מורכבים, פשוטים,יפים, מסקרנים! ממש באסה שאת לא כותבת בלוג בעיברית כי אז היה לי יותר קל לעקוב... שיהיה ממש בהצלחה